This very unusual and fantastic property is located in the countryside of the Valle d’Itria, just 4km outside the UNESCO World Heritage Site town of Alberobello, whose trulli-packed old centre makes it one of Puglia’s most visited towns. The geography and views of the Valle d’Itria are what many consider to be the “typical” Puglia. Rolling hills, groves of centuries-old olive trees, trullo cones everywhere you look, whitewashed towns bleached further by the southern Italian sun. Guests staying at the property should make time to visit some of these towns, especially Ostuni, Locorotondo (literally the round place), Cisternino and Martina Franca.
The villa is close to the Adriatic Sea, however, and a drive of between 30 minutes and an hour will get you to some lovely beaches and the sea-front towns of Monopoli and Polignano al Mare. Slightly further afield is Puglia’s regional capital, Bari, the gorgeous seaside cathedral and town of Trani and Holy Roman Emperor Frederick II’s magnificent Castel del Monte near Andria.
A trullo (plural, trulli) is a traditional Apulian dry stone hut with a conical roof. Their style of construction is specific to the Itria Valley, in the Murge area of the Italian region of Apulia. Trulli were generally constructed as temporary field shelters and storehouses or as permanent dwellings by small proprietors or agricultural labourers. In the town of Alberobello, in the province of Bari, whole districts are packed with trulli. The golden age of trulli was the 19th century, especially its final decades marked by the development of wine growing.
Accommodation is spread over 11 trulli and a lamia (another architectural speciality of Puglia), all of which are close to the pool area. Most of the accommodation is situated in what might be termed the “main house”. Here one enters a cosy living area with small dining table. To the left a small utility kitchen leads into the large master suite, which spreads across four of the trulli cones, each of which is linked by an arch. There is a double/twin sleeping area and a large en-suite bathroom with double sinks and tub. The white-washed walls and creamy stone-flagged floors make for a light and airy ambience that continues throughout the property. The master suite has its own external access to the large terrace next to the pool area. Heading back through the small kitchen, the living area provides access to two more bedrooms: a double, whose en-suite bathroom features a large, glazed, walk-in shower, and a double bedroom whose bed is on a small mezzanine above an en-suite shower room. Heading back outside and along the terrace a little, one comes to the fourth bedroom, a double/twin with en-suite shower room accessed only from the outside. Next to this, also accessed only from the outside, is the well-equipped kitchen-diner, which like most of the accommodation has easy access to the outside areas.
Life at this property is all about outdoor living and dining on the large stone-paved terrace, which offers a good variety of places for sitting and dining with views over the pool and the surrounding countryside. The lovely pool is just a few steps away and is surrounded by ample space for catching the sun or reclining in the shade of a pergola. Where the stone-flagged terraces end, the warm, scented earth of Puglia’s whispering olive groves begins. To get the best view of all this, and even Alberobello in the distance, head up the external steps to the panoramic roof terrace, the perfect spot to sip a glass of wine as the sun begins to set.
PRESENT Pool (LxW in metres) 11×5 — Air cooling system* — Underfloor heating(*) — Washing machine — Dishwasher — Microwave oven — Satellite TV(**) — Satellite Wi-Fi Internet — Barbecue — Private Parking
ON REQUEST Cook — Breakfast preparation — Bicycles — Mountain bikes — Shopping service — Masseur — Yoga instructor — Cookery classes
(*)underfloor cooling and heating runs throughout the property
(**)includes Sky Cinema and Sport
Besides the rental of the villa, we offer a complete range of exclusive and high quality services to make the stay of our guests unequaled and unforgettable.
Some of the exclusive services we offer are:
• Complete and abundant breakfast especially prepared by one of our local Chefs, using only fresh and local ingredients. Our Chef will propose different breakfast menus for our guest to choose.
• Private Chef, the guests can enjoy a delicious lunch or dinner next to the swimming pool exclusively prepared for them by our Chef. Our Chef will prepare the most delicious local and traditional dishes Puglia is rich off, using only fresh, seasonal and local products. Different menus are proposed, but of course our Chef will be at the complete disposal for any demand and special requests of our guests
• Bike rental: making a bike ride is the perfect way to discover the surroundings and the charming countryside and little villages of which the gorgeous Itria Valley is dotted. We have the highest quality bikes available in Puglia ready for our guest to explore the beauty of Puglia.
• Wine tasting: you haven’t been to Puglia if you haven’t tasted the beautiful local wines. Our sommelier will come to the property and organize a real private wine tasting for our guests, bringing a large variety of best local wines.
• During their stay we love to organize a real mozzarella making. Only 2km from the vila our guests will learn all the secrets of making authentic and delicious mozzarella. Of course they can make their own mozzarella too, no need to say that lots of tasting is part of this wonderful experience.
• Having a yoga session among the olives of our property is simply incredible. Especially for our guests we organize private yoga sessions, a way to make their stay even more relaxing and to live fully the peace and calm of the oasis of the property
Owning a home is a keystone of wealth… both financial affluence and emotional security.Suze Orman